Negative Feelings and Their Role in Word-Of-Mouth Disclosure in Social Media
- Social Media Strategies. Cohn, Ryan // Credit Union Management;Sep2012, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the author's views on the expanded opportunities for credit unions (CUs) when using social media strategies for marketing, customer service, and crisis communications. He suggests not to limit the metrics or performance indicators to social media-related characteristics to...
- WHY DO THEY WHINE?: AN EXAMINATION INTO THE DETERMINANTS OF NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE WORD-OF-MOUTH. Naylor, Gillian // Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction & Complaining ;1999, Vol. 12, p162
Examines the determinants of negative and positive word-of-mouth communication among satisfied consumers. Types of perceived benefits; Disappointment and delight; Benefit performance; Gender differences.
- EFFECT OF DEMOGRAPHIC VARIABLES ON SELF CONCEPT OF POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE WORD-OF-MOUTH. Fails, Sally L.; Francis, Sally K. // Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction & Complaining ;1996, Vol. 9, p200
Studies the effect of demographic variables on self concept of positive and negative word-of-mouth. Typical complaining and complementing behavior of the consumers surveyed; Postpurchase behavior.
- WORD-OF-MOUTH ABOUT SERVICE PROVIDERS: AN ILLUSTRATION OF THEORY DEVELOPMENT IN MARKETING. Gremler, Dwayne D. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1994, Vol. 5, p62
Examines consumer word-of-mouth (WOM) communications about service providers in the domain of services marketing research. Importance of in-depth ethnographic interview in the theory development process; Influence of consumer satisfaction; Focus on the receiver of WOM.
- Customer service is the front line of marketing. Clark, Ed // Journal of Business (10756124);8/30/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 18, pA22
Gives advice on marketing. Importance of customer service as a marketing tool; Generation of positive word-of-mouth advertising via satisfied customers; Customers' evaluation of a business based on the quality of entire transaction; Linking of quality customer service to long-term success of...
- Viral Consumers. Blackshaw, Pete // Executive Excellence;Jul2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
Expounds on the concept of viral consumers. Spread of a company's reputation through customers' word-of-mouth; Ability of viral consumers to build or destroy a business; Influence of viral customers on all people within their social network; Application of one-to-one marketing principles to...
- Customer experience key to viral marketing. Tumber, Raj // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/9/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, pP8
The article discusses the importance of customer engagement in viral marketing. It notes the three phases of word-of-mouth marketing in the Internet age which involves the real world, social media, and websites. It cites the key elements of an effective viral marketing strategy including...
- Spreading the Good Word of Great Customer Service. Mansfield, Elizabeth // O&P Business News;10/1/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p38
The article focuses on harnessing the enthusiasm of patients and word of mouth marketing of the service of orthoses and prosthesis providers to help in growing their business. The provision of excellent service can establish loyal customers in a business. Complimenting a patient and asking for...
- Net Promoter, Recommendations, and Business Performance: A Clarification on Morgan and Rego. Keiningham, Timothy L.; Aksoy, Lerzan; Cooil, Bruce; Andreassen, Tor Wallin // Marketing Science;May/Jun2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p531
One of the most controversial findings in Morgan and Rego (2006) was that two widely advocated loyalty metrics, "Net Promoter" and "Number of Recommendations," have little or no value in predicting the financial outcomes of firms. We argue that neither measure was actually examined and that...