Atlanta Taste of the Nation fundraiser grosses $775K

July 2006
Nation's Restaurant News;7/3/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p14
Trade Publication
The article reports that Atlanta's Taste of the Nation has raised a gross of $775,000 through the commitment of the city's restaurateurs, chefs, suppliers and generous community patrons to end hunger in Georgia. The amount was another national fundraising record that became the largest single contribution of any U.S. city for the 13th consecutive year. 70 percent of the fund goes to support local agencies, one-third of the remaining 30 percent will go to Georgia charities and the rest for other purposes.


Related Articles

  • Call of Duty.  // Boating;Mar2004, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p33 

    Reports on the fund-raising campaign of SEAL Wives Against Terrorism organization in the U.S. Locations where the organization promotes the campaign; Name of the foundation where the money will go to.

  • Rolling in cookie dough.  // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p25 

    The article reports that the Atlanta-based Association of Fund-Raising Distributors and Supplies (AFRDS) reports fund-raising programs by nonprofits and schools generated $1.7 billion. AFRDS is an international association of more than 600 companies that manufacture, supply, and distribute...

  • EU campaign for arms fund.  // Ecologist;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p11 

    Reports that the Britain in Europe campaign group is seeking funds from foreign arms companies according to the leaked documents seen by "The Sunday Times." Information on the companies targeted by the campaign's fundraisers.

  • Letter from the President. Burger, Deborah // California Nurse;Mar2006, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p2 

    The article provides insights on clean money elections, which is based on a publicly-financed election system. According to the California Nurses Association and the National Nurses Organizing Committee, the influence of corporate money is a major obstacle to real healthcare reform and to a...

  • Raise money.  // International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p89 

    This article reports that the British Lung Foundation is looking for dynamic, adventurous type persons ready to take on a British Lung Foundation place in its Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu from September 22 to October 1, 2005. Inca Trail Trek is meant for raising money for a worthy cause. From...

  • CSO making play for dough. Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;10/31/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p12 

    The article reports that the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association is readying a fund-raising drive to bolster its $187-million endowment. Orchestra Association President Deborah Card wouldn't reveal the extent of her fund-raising goals, and recent endowment campaigns by major classical music...

  • MENC Listed in Combined Federal Campaign.  // Teaching Music;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p15 

    The article presents information about the 2003 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) in the U.S. The CFC is an annual fund-raising drive conducted by federal employees and military personnel to raise millions of dollars to benefit thousands of nonprofit organizations. Encourage family and friends...

  • Business community seek to help Katrina victims.  // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/19/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p31 

    Reports on the fund raising project of the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry for the small businesses that were affected by the hurricane Katrina in the entire Central Gulf Coast of the U.S. Requisites to be a fund recipient; Evaluators of the fund applicant; Address where donations...

  • CIM program seeking equipment donations.  // Concrete Construction;Oct2005, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p16 

    Reports on the plans of the management of the Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program at the Middle Tennessee State University to raise funds for a new building specifically to house CIM. Celebration of the 10th anniversary of the CIM program.


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics