US Textiles: Determined To Succeed

Borneman, James M.
July 2007
Textile World;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p10
Trade Publication
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the recurring themes of challenge and opportunity facing the U.S. industry by Jim Phillips, trade issues in business strategies, and stories of innovation.


Related Articles

  • Bloomingdale's @ Home to benefit textiles. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;06/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1 

    Focuses on the development of a branding program by Bloomingdale's @ Home in Palm Beach, Florida. Beneficiary of the program; Plan to expand the company building in the year 2002.

  • New Blood, Old Sweat & the Usual Tears. Shoulberg, Warren // Home Textiles Today;3/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12 

    The author focuses on need of understanding several business strategies and planning by companies which are related to textile industry at the textile industry market week to be held in New York in 2013.

  • Turn, turn, turn. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12 

    Comments on the reinvention of the business community in the U.S. Role of reinvention in home textiles industry; Identification of several retail stores adopting reinvention; Reinvention formula of Wal-Mart.

  • A Proposal To The Textile Industry. Ross, Wilbur L. // Textile World;Oct2003, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p24 

    Focuses on the business plans for the textile industry in the U.S. Maximization of the operations of the surviving mills; Allocation of research and development budgets for nanotechnology; Improvement of global standards of living.

  • Blue Ketchup, Better Burgers. Lemons, James L. // Textile World;May2003, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p16 

    Comments on the need for yarn manufacturers to adapt new business models in the U.S. Relevance of business models that emphasize technology, niche markets, and innovative products; Reference to the business models employed by successful companies; Impact of the economic decline on the industry.

  • Russian paper distributor is preparing to start spunbond production in 2005.  // Nonwovens Markets;9/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p1 

    This article reports that Regent Group of Cos. (RGC), a Russian paper distributor, plans to enter the domestic nonwoven hygiene business by the end of 2005 with a joint venture partner. RGC owns 60 percent of the venture and another private company holds the remaining 40 percent. The business,...

  • Succesful German nonwoven machinery.  // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2003, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p400 

    This article reports that the first half of 2003 has been successful for the German nonwoven machinery industry. After a decrease in 2002, orders of the branch in 2003 have increased by about four percent in comparison to the year before. Production of nonwoven machinery in the first half of...

  • Restructured Teka back for more.  // Home Textiles Today;10/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6 

    Reports on the plans of textile manufacturer Teka to introduce latest product lines in Brazil. Aim to reoffer bedding and kitchen towels through licensed partnership; Improvement of marketing strategy; Expansion of product offering.

  • Sleep Better leads way in Carpenter build up. SanFilippo, Michele // Home Textiles Today;9/19/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p26 

    Reports the expansion of Carpenter Co., manufacturer of Sleep Better products in Virginia. Increment of the company's capacity in the consumer area; Distribution of Sleep Better products to other countries; Purpose of the business expansion.


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics