Will the government bailout help the stock market?

September 2008
Crain's New York Business;9/29/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p11
The article focuses on the results of a poll related to the impact of the U.S. government bailout on the stock market. The poll, conducted on September 22, 2008, focused on whether the government bailout will help the stock market. Out of 273 votes, 47% votes reflected that the bailout will restore confidence in the financial system and is bound to improve market performance, as opposed to the other 53% who stated that the economy is still fundamentally weak.


Related Articles

  • Investing. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;8/3/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p2315 

    Presents several surveys on the condition of the U.S. stock market. Reason for the decline in the stock market; Percent of the adults surveyed by Gallup that were optimistic that the stock market has hit bottom and will begin to rebound; Results of the survey on investing in the stock market.

  • Business. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;7/6/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p2027 

    Presents the results of two public opinion polls on business issues in the U.S. as of July 2002. Number of people who have no real confidence in business living up to its responsibility to the public; Percentage of citizens who are fearful about investing in the stock market.

  • Stevens meltdown. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;8/6/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 91, p25 

    The article reports on the result of the nonpartisan Research 2000 poll of the 2008 Alaska Senate race.

  • INTERNET POLL.  // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/23/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p4A 

    The article presents answers from a poll conducted through the Internet asking about the righteousness of a government resolution that would dictate American citizens' manner of voting.

  • INTERNET POLL.  // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/10/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p4A 

    The article presents an internet poll question regarding homeschooling and presents the results of a poll on a bailout for the automotive industry.

  • Voters Not in 'Attack' Mode. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;10/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p14 

    Assesses the voters' psyche based on public opinion polls in the U.S. in 2002. Comparison between the 2001 and 2002 polls; Analysis of the voter turnout in statewide primaries for the Democratic Party and Republican Party; Political activities of the National Association for the Advancement of...

  • Push me, pull me. Schechter, Bruce // New Scientist;8/24/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2357, p42 

    Focuses on the factors influencing the voters choices in Brazilian elections. Impact of public opinion on vote distribution; Effects of peer pressure on the democratic process; Differences in the political beliefs of voters.

  • GADGET OF THE MONTH.  // American Speaker;Jun2010, p3 

    The article evaluates the interactive application called Poll Everywhere.

  • BULLETIN-MORGAN POLL.  // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/12/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6241, p21 

    Highlights the results of the Bulletin-Morgan Poll on the support for the administration of President John Howard in Australia. Drop in the public's support for the government; Decline in the Liberal Party support within the Coalition; Approval of the effort of Pauline Hanson to resurrect One...


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics