TITLE

Should U.S. taxpayers bail out New York?

PUB. DATE
November 2008
SOURCE
Crain's New York Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p13
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article presents the results of an online public opinion poll, in which it is asked whether U.S. taxpayers should bail out New York. To this, 57% of the 304 respondents reply in the negative, and say that the budget deficits are largely due to reckless spending in Albany, and the rest of the country should not suffer. 43% of the respondents reply in the affirmative, and say that because Wall Street is in New York,, the state will be hurt by the financial crisis.
ACCESSION #
35577211

 

Related Articles

  • Crisis-weary inhabitants take bailout referendum in their stride. Chu, Henry; Zafiropoulos, Pavlos // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/3/2015, p14 

    The article presents information on a public opinion poll of citizens in Greece regarding their views on financial bailout terms offered by European creditors to Greece. It discusses the encouragement by the Greek government to the public to reject the deal, the warning made by European Union...

  • Poll says GOP on wrong track.  // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/10/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 32, p5 

    The article presents the results on a survey conducted by U.S. Republican pollster Bill McInturff and Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart emphasizing a cautionary sign for a Republican Party pursuing deep budget cuts.

  • Voters: DC worse than Wall Street. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 141, p1 

    The article reports on the results of the Hill poll in October 2011 showing that Washington, D.C. is to blame and not the Wall Street for the financial crisis and subsequent recession.

  • Voters: Pentagon should bear the brunt in taming of deficit. Seligman, Lara // Hill;2/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p8 

    The article focuses on the survey conducted by the Pulse Opinion Research on February 21, 2013, which shows that majority of 1000 voters believe that reduction on the America's debt is more significant than maintaining the existing level of military and domestic programs.

  • INTERNET POLL.  // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/10/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p4A 

    The article presents an internet poll question regarding homeschooling and presents the results of a poll on a bailout for the automotive industry.

  • INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND OPERATIONS IN LATVIA 2008-2011. Mago, Madara; Ozola, Inese // Students on Their Way to Science;2012, p118 

    The article reports on International Monetary Fund (IMF) operations in Latvia between 2008 and 2011. During the financial crisis of 2008, the IMF issued 7.5 billion euros to Latvia as part of a bailout plan. The debt percentage was set at 3.87 percent and the payment term was between February...

  • Jobs are Best, Fairest Bailout. Buell, John // Progressive Populist;11/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p11 

    The author reflects on the current economic crises in the U.S. He argues that the crisis was induced by the lax regulatory policies of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. He believes that the presentation of a new bailout proposal and the deepening of the regulatory policies...

  • Web Poll: Paying Bills?  // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/28/2008, Issue 323950, p30 

    The article presents the results of the online poll concerning bills payment in California. The poll reveals that almost 54.8 percent of the respondents no longer take time in paying their bills due to the financial crisis. It shows that 45.2 percent of the readers are prompt in paying their...

  • Minding the Money .  // National Journal;6/22/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 25, pN.PAG 

    Presents the results of a public opinion poll conducted by Gallup regarding the performance of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party in dealing with the U.S. federal budget deficit. Percentage of respondents who believed that the Democrats are capable of dealing with the deficit; Rate...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics