Export-Import Bank Aids Manufacturers to Sell U.S. Rail Equipment Worldwide

April 2009
U.S. Rail News;4/8/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the assistance rendered by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to railroad equipment manufacturers in selling their products in different countries. It mentions that this bank is offering easier credit terms for loans, insurance and loan guarantees if buyers from other countries will purchase railroad equipment made in the U.S. John A. McAdams, Export-Import's chief operating officer (COO), mentions its relevance to job creation in the country.


Related Articles

  • Say ¡Hola! to the Idea of Making Sales in Mexico. Pethokoukis, James M. // U.S. News & World Report;4/24/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 15, p52 

    The article discusses the U.S. Export-Import Bank which provides financial support for the selling of U.S. products abroad. The article focuses on MB Graphic Machinery and its president, Michael Bittner. He utilized the Export-Import Bank when making a deal with a candy manufacturer located in...

  • Nevada caught in Ex-Im Bank crossfire. Sieroty, Chris // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/20/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 29, pA5 

    The article looks into the competitive disadvantage of the closure of the U.S. Export-Import bank for businesses in Southern Nevada while political debate continues in the U.S. Congress over the bank's issuance of loans, loan guarantees and insurance to facilitate overseas sales by U.S. firms....

  • EXIMBANK RESTORES RUPEE-BASED LOAN GUARANTEES.  // Export Today's Global Business;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14 

    Reports on the 2000 move of the U.S. Export-Import Bank to restore rupee-based loan guarantees to Indian businesses that want to purchase United States exports. First recipient of the guarantee program; Value of the rupee loans; Return of the bank in the Indian business.

  • Ex-Im Bank Will Do More With Less. Carney, Timothy P. // Human Events;2/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p8 

    Discusses the negative fiscal 2004 budget line proposed for the U.S. Export-Import Bank which loans money and underwrites loans to foreign companies and governments so they can buy U.S. goods. Amount of the left-over money of the bank from the 2003 appropriations; Goal of the bank in terms of...

  • Pemex granted more money for oil. DeLuca, Marshall // Offshore;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p10 

    Reports that the US Export Import Bank has granted Pemex, the state oil company of Mexico, a loan for investment in its oil fields. Worth of the loan; Its proceeds.

  • U.S. Tax Dollars Funding GE Factory in Mexico. Carney, Timothy P. // Human Events;06/11/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 22, p4 

    Reports on the decision of U.S. Export-Import Bank to underwrite a loan to aid General Electric (GE) Co. in a joint venture in Celaya, Mexico. Total amount of the loan; Other loans that are provided by the bank; Information on the GE joint venture; Main political argument for not abolishing the...

  • Clearance to Lend.  // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 15, p64 

    The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Export-Import Bank to clear one of its transactions for the acquisition of 68 aircraft of Air India from Boeing. The bank will guarantee a loan of up to 85% of the aircraft cost, while the remaining 15% will be funded through commercial borrowings....

  • GUATEMALA.  // Caribbean Update;Nov2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p10 

    This section offers news briefs in Guatemala. An agreement for the Wide World educational online coaching program of Harvard University was entered into by Education Minister Melanio Paredes. A $9.9 million loan was provided by US Export-Import Bank to Chart Inc. and Cosmodyne LLC for their...

  • TO THE RESCUE. Mueller, Laura // Airline Business;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p34 

    The article discusses how the funding gap in the aviation finance industry in 2009 was addressed and the challenges facing the industry in 2010. European export credit agencies (ECAs) and the U.S. Export Import (Ex-Im) Bank have played a significant role in addressing the problem. Commercial...


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics