TITLE

Political Conditions

PUB. DATE
July 2010
SOURCE
Guinea Country Review;2010, p9
SOURCE TYPE
Country Report
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article focuses on the political conditions of Guinea in terms of refugees, economic condition and political crisis.
ACCESSION #
48364859

 

Related Articles

  • Bibliography.  // Guinea Country Review;2010, p158 

    A bibliography on the subject of economic and political condition of Guinea is presented including the book "The Statesman's Year-Book 2006," by Barry Turner, "Britannica Book of the Year," by David Calhoun and "Current Leaders of Nations," by Jennifer Mossman.

  • Country Overview.  // Guinea Country Review;2012, p1 

    The article offers information on the political and economic conditions in Guinea including its independence in 1960, religion and ethnic status, and rising unemployment.

  • Guinea.  // CIA World Fact Book;2016/2017, Vol. 53, p311 

    A country report for Guinea is presented from U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), with topics including economic condition; political structure; and information on its transportation.

  • Guinea.  // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2009, p867 

    An encyclopedia entry for Guinea is presented. The country has a republic type of government. Its population is 9,806,509 and has Conakry as its capital. Its gross domestic product (GDP) is 10.7 billion U.S. dollars and its industries include aluminum refining, light manufacturing and diamonds....

  • Country Conditions.  // Political Risk Yearbook: Guinea Country Report;2010, Special section p1 

    The article assesses the political, economic and social conditions of Guinea to determine the country's climate for investment and trade. It describes the openness of the country to foreign investment in line with its Investment Code, Petroleum Code and the Mineral Liberalization Policy of 1992....

  • Country Forecast.  // Political Risk Yearbook: Guinea Country Report;2011, p2 

    A country forecast report for Guinea as of December 2010 is presented. The country's overall standing in the Global Political Risk Services (PRS) Risk Index is provided. Highlights of the forecast include a hish risk of turmoil in international business, 4.5% real gross domestic product growth...

  • Guinea.  // Political Risk Yearbook: Guinea Country Report;1/ 1/2013, preceding p2 

    The article discusses economic and political developments in Guinea. According to The Political Risk Services (PRS) Group Inc., although complications relating to voter registration have resulted in a delay in the holding of legislative elections, it does not necessarily affect the risk of...

  • Country Forecast.  // Political Risk Yearbook: Guinea Country Report;1/ 1/2013, p2 

    The article discusses economic and political forecasts for Guinea. The Political Risk Services (PRS) Group Inc. forecasts a broad coalition with 55 percent probability in the 18-month, and a broad coalition with 45 percent probability in a five-year period. PRS also expects high risk for turmoil...

  • How to stamp out the kickbacks. Posthumus, Bram // World Today;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 1, following p20 

    The author offers opinions on mineral industries in Guinea. Efforts by President Alpha Condé to improve transparency of mining finance in that country are seen as a test case for Africa as a whole. The Extractive Industries Transparency Inititiate (EITI), a public-private partnership to which...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics