The Thought of David Bakan: Overview and Implications for Christology
- The shifting tones of Pope Leo the Great's Christological volcabulary. Barclift, Philip L. // Church History;Jun97, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p221
Focuses on the Christology of Pope Leo with relation to his vocabulary in `Tomus ad Flavianum' and its influence at the Council of Chalcedon. Questions whether Leo's `Tome' should be considered the summation of his Christology; Leo's interest in the christological controversy in the East; Use...
- Anhypostatos-Enhypostatos: Church Fathers, Protestant Orthodoxy and Karl Brath. Lang, U.M. // Journal of Theological Studies;Oct98, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p630
Examines the origins and the doctrine associated with the anhypostatic-enhypostatic model of Christology. Reference to various theological interpretations on the subject; Utilization of the enhypostatos in pagan philosophy; Basis for the view that the human nature of Christ has no hypostasis of...
- Nicetas choniates, a neglected witness to the greek text of John philoponus' Arbiter. Lang, U. M. // Journal of Theological Studies;Oct97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p540
Focuses on works of christology, by John Philoponus. Names of the works which relates to christology; Detailed information on the works.
- Encountering Jesus through the earliest witnesses. Young, Pamela Dickey // Theological Studies;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p513
Redefines the locus of Christology in the relationship between Jesus and his earliest witnesses. Argument that a relational Christology challenges patriarchy and kyriarchy while still acknowledging the centrality of Jesus to ongoing Christian tradition; Invitation for us to look beyond an...
- Celebration. // America;1/7/1989, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p22
Meditation on Jesus as the bridegroom of the church. Jesus' ability to transform problems into signs of God at work. Epiphany season as a season of seeing God working in the church.
- How Ought Novices To Be Formed in Stability Today? de Vogue, Adalbert // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p311
Explores the formation of novices for monastic stability. Vocabulary of stability; Practice of monastic stability; Emergence of stability from the teaching and person of Jesus Christ.
- Alloiosis in the Christology of Zwingli. Cross, Richard // Journal of Theological Studies;Apr96, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p105
Examines the Zwinglianism's view of the communication of properties in incarnational Christology. Formulation of distinctive ideas in the context of a debate with Martin Luther about the nature of the eucharistic presence; Conception of alloiois as an attempt to account for the ability to...
- Coming in glory. OLSON, CARL // Our Sunday Visitor;12/ 9/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 32, p14
The article presents a reflection on the mystery of the Incarnation of Jesus Christ.
- You are... Eble, Diane // Campus Life;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p44
Presents several attributes of Jesus Christ. Christ as a counselor; Role as prince of peace.